As part of Brookside’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been asked to continue to provide care for a limited number of children and young people - those who are vulnerable (including those with an education, health and care plan), and those whose parents or carers are critical to the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
We recognise that as this situation moves into the longer term you will all be feeling the individual pressures of continuing to provide care and educational support for your families alongside balancing work and wider family commitments without the daily support of our Academy.
The guidance for all settings remains clear, many children and young people can safely be supported at home. This could be for various reasons, including:
• they do not need irreplaceable care or health provision
• the services they most need can be moved from their educational setting into their home
• their parents can meet their needs full-time
• they are able to follow hygiene and social distancing practices at home
• due to their health vulnerabilities, they are safer in the more stringent social distancing environment of their home
If you are struggling, or need to talk to someone please feel that you can contact us at any time either through phoning the school office:
01458 443340 (There is someone here between 8 to 5 pm most days)
Another contact point is firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link from the government has lots of reassurance and good advice about home schooling.
Any staff or children who are exhibiting symptoms should stay at home, self-isolate for 14 days and call 111.
Please visit the links below for further information:
What are the symptoms?
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath